So, I need to preface this with the fact that as far as 1st trimesters go, both of my first trimesters were relatively easy, BUT I can definitely notice differences between them.
With Bennett, I really only had a handful symptoms.
- Increased Appetite – I was ALWAYS Hungry and I would go from not hungry, to extreme hunger in a matter of second)
- Shortness of Breath – This one was super difficult for me, I was super active going on miles long hikes, I had just started working at a fitness studio and all of a sudden I couldn’t go on a hike, longer than 1/2 a mile or participate in classes w/o having to leave during the warm-up.
- Fatigue – I was tired quite often and would struggle to keep my eyes open at the front desk sometimes. I just wanted to nap constantly.
- Gluten Allergy – When I got pregnant, my allergy to gluten went away, which was nice cause I indulged in LOTS of sweets.
and that was pretty much it with my first pregnancy, the only time I would experience nausea was when I would go from zero to Hangry and than I would start to get nauseous until I ate.
With Pregnancy #2, my experience has been different.
- Nausea & Morning Sickness – In the first few weeks, I experienced light nausea and some morning sickness. But it went away overall, by Week 8. I only get nauseous now when I am feeling hungry.
- Tender Boobs – OH MAN, are my boobs sensitive! They just feel heavy and painful.
- Increase Sense of Smell – That was one of my first clues that I might be pregnant, i was getting wifts of smells I would normally not pick up on.
- Mental Exhaustion – I’m not so much tired, where I need a nap and could sleep for hours, but more so.. I just feel too tired to exert energy to do stuff. Like chores or work.
- Lack of Appetite – I am only hungry if I am craving something specific & unfortunately… I am not usually craving anything. If I try to eat something I am not craving, my stomach tells me I am full. I have actually lost weight so far this pregnancy.
- Emotional – My emotions are a rollercoaster. One minute I am crying from happiness, than sadness and everything in between.
- Gluten Allergy – I was hoping like last pregnancy that my allergy would go away, unfortunately…. It has stayed.
So yea, definitely different experiences so far, but still similar. The other thing I was expecting was to show earlier and feel the baby earlier, but so far no such luck. In my first pregnancy my bump didn’t really become noticeable to at least me and people who knew I was pregnant until 21 Weeks and it didn’t become noticeable to the rest of the world till around 26 weeks. I actually remember around 26 weeks I went into ER cause of a UTI and the doctor who checked me out felt my stomach and said ” oh! your abdomen is extended!” to which I said “yea, cause I’m pregnant” needless to say he felt a tad silly. But it really wasn’t THAT obvious I was pregnant. I only bought 1 pair of maternity leggings and that was at 32 weeks. Which makes me curious if this pregnancy will follow the same path or if I will show at least a tad earlier..